- Select your transportation method (Walk, Run, Bike, Wheelchair) using the
- Type in the name of the first building in your schedule into the input box.
- Type the building's full name or abbreviation (names taken from http://www.washington.edu/home/maps)
- Dormitories and Stevens Court are valid buildings (but not other apartments)
- Autocomplete will try to match the building for you.
- As you type more letters, autocomplete will narrow down the selection options
- Use your up-down arrow keys to highlight the building you want
* Note: If your mouse is on the autocomplete
options, the arrow keys may not work (Firefox)
- When the building you want is highlighted, press enter.
- The selected building will be circled in red on the map
- The building name will display below the input box
- Repeat steps 2-4 with the remaining buildings in your schedule
- Building names, along with estimated traveling times and total distance
will display below the input box
- The map will show the path (in green highlighting) between each consecutive
pair of buildings
- Interact with the map:
- Left-click and drag to move around
- Press the ‘+’ button to zoom in and the ‘–’
button to zoom out
- Entered a wrong building? Delete buildings from your path by clicking the
‘x’ button associated w/ each building.
- Estimated traveling times and total distance will automatically update
- The map paths will automatically update
- Q What are the system requirements?
A This website requires a modern browser to work (such as Firefox or Safari). A high speed connection and fast computer are not required, but make the user experience more delightful. Internet Explorer 7 is required because previous versions don't support transparent PNGs. Safari doesn't support changing the transportation type while a path is on the map, but the Safari nightlies work.